Retail Opportunity & Space Available to Let in the Warehouse
We currently have two/three spaces to let. We also have a unique retail opportunity to run a vegan/wholefood shop or other ethical business in our community building!
The Warehouse is Birmingham Friends of the Earth’s environmental community building in Digbeth – home to a range of non-profit tenants including a vegetarian cafe, wholefood shop, bike shop, bike parking and tenants’ kitchen.
If you’re looking for a new retail premises, studio, downsized office, startup business base or green home for your charity, come and see what we can offer you!
- Fantastic location minutes from Moor Street Station and city centre
- Friendly community with shared values (check these testimonials from our tenants!)
- On the pulse of the green action movement
- Excellent Cafe and bike shop onsite
- Characterful heritage building
- Permaculture garden for outdoor working & R&R
- Secure cycle shelter
- Easy access to Digbeth canal and Rea route
If you have any questions or would like to arrange a viewing of the spaces, call Nasreen on 0121 632 6909, or email email@example.com.
Available Space in the Warehouse:
1) Recently refurbished office / gallery / shop / consultation room / studio with good natural light – ground floor, accessible rooms in characterful Victorian cottage.
Some furniture may be available on request.
The room is in the Victorian ‘cottage’ part of our building, with disability access through our much loved Warehouse Cafe which it adjoins. Room measurements will be added soon.
Rent is £300 per calendar month, which includes heat, light and power.
2) Light and airy lockable office. First floor office with lift access.
9.8 sq m / 100 sq ft- suitable for up to three desks (in normal times!)
£220pcm including heat, light and power and various community building benefits as above.
Additional charges apply for internet and telephones and secure cycle storage.
Testimonials from Tenants
“It’s a wonderful opportunity, part of a wonderful community and you can take it from us that Birmingham Friends of the Earth are the best possible landlords you could hope for.”
– The Warehouse Cafe Coop
“The Warehouse is in the city centre, easy to get to, but on a quiet street, with its own lockable cycle storage locker. There’s also a shower, if you get sweaty on the way in.
I love sharing the space with like-minded people and organisations. It’s easy to catch up with activists in the environment and co-operative movements over a cup of fair-trade coffee.”
– Sandra Green, Localise WM
“The Muslim Women’s Network UK have been residents of The Warehouse for many years. It is a welcoming and friendly space which has been our ‘work home’ as we’ve grown. It’s central location and option of additional meeting rooms has meant that we have been able to comfortably accommodate our guests from across the country.”
– Faeeza Vaid MBE
“The Warehouse is a green space and if you are wanting to contribute to the global effort to go green and nurture the environment , you can start here”
– Shameem Hussain
“Friendly neighbours; shared values; company”
– Susan, Well Rooted Wholefoods