We have a unique retail opportunity for an ethical enterprise on the ground floor of our community building. We also have some office / studio / workshop space to let.
The Warehouse is Birmingham Friends of the Earth’s environmental community building in Digbeth – home to a range of non-profit tenants including a vegan cafe, wholefood shop and bike shop, plus meeting spaces and the home of our environmental activism.
Do you have an ethical retail business idea – wholefoods, books, crafts, hairdressing, something else…?
This is what our retail space has to offer…
- 5 minutes from Moor Street Station and city centre
- Already established footfall of potential customers with shared values
- Nearby student communities
- Characterful heritage building
- Easy access to Digbeth canal and Rea route
- Friendly community with shared values (testimonials here!)
- On the pulse of the green action movement
- Vegan Cafe
- Bike shop
- Secure offices, co-working desks and retail/shop front space
- Permaculture garden for outdoor working & R&R
- Secure cycle shelter – and shower
- Wifi…. & more!
Until last year, we’ve had a wholefood shop operating here since the One Earth Shop first opened its doors back in the 1980s. More recently, as a bit of a change we’ve had Alleways Vegan Confectionary, who have sadly closed at the end of July. The shop has a connecting door to The Warehouse Cafe as well as a door onto the street. Vesta Living (beautiful sustainable household products) is the neighbour on the opposite side. We’re looking for an enterprise that compliments this offer, but are open to ideas.
Monthly rent, including utilities* and business rates, is £325 pcm for 156 sq ft.
If you’re interested, or would like more information, please email Paul and Jane: email@example.com, ring 0121 632 6909 ext 2 (leave a message if needed).
*although we reserve the right to submeter and bill separately for any utilities-intensive operations.